Saturday 1 June 2019

June 1


After all this planning what’s just happened? Mummy’s got the date for her hip replacement and it’s this coming Monday! I don’t believe it! Spent the morning cancelling all our hotel bookings. I can’t come to East Anglia either, of course, because I’ll need to be here to visit Mummy. Mummy’s never been in hospital before and actually, between you and me, I feel a bit sorry for the staff. She’s insisting on having her op on the NHS because she says she’s never had anything back for all the money she’s paid in over the years. (That is, except her special shoes to accommodate her bunions.) But will the NHS be able to cope? Especially as it’s near breaking point.  I don’t think she has any idea what the food will be like, for instance. She’s quite capable of throwing a plate of it at whoever’s brought it if it doesn’t pass muster. OMG!  Why doesn’t she go privately? She can afford it!

I asked her if she realised that she might be stuck in bed ringing her bell for someone to come and they just wouldn’t. What would she feel about that? She said she’d let the staff know that if the service in hospital wasn’t up to scratch there would be no tip when she left. She seemed to think that would sort everything. I don’t think I can face this. Will it be Mummy who actually finally breaks the NHS?!!! Someone pour me a large one. Quick!

No comments:

Post a Comment

June 8

The booklaunch seems to have gone OK. It was apparently held in aid of the Saffron Walden Food Bank and they were there rattling their c...